Owing to the complementary expertise of the ports of Le Havre, Rouen and Paris, HAROPA provides a comprehensive solution, in terms of both port services and infrastructure, for vessels of all sizes.
A whole range of services for ships
HAROPA has created in each port area genuine partnership agreements between harbour Master's offices and the specialised firms, performing work 24/24 throughout the year :
- Harbour Master’s office: the Harbour Master's office is on the front line for services provided for ships. It manages ship berthing and traffic, the supervision and preservation of port facilities and all emergency, security and safety operations. It also performs an essential role of providing information for all the port users.
- Piloting: the piloting stations of Le Havre-Fécamp and Seine-Rouen-Caen-Dieppe provide mandatory piloting for ships in the major HAROPA seaports and on the Seine corridor.
- Berthing and mooring: the berthing firms provide services in the HAROPA seaports, to moor, cast off moorings and shift vessels. These services are provided on all ships carrying all types of goods.
- Towing: maritime towing is performed by firms equipped with powerful tug boats capable of assisting ships on entering and leaving ports, and for their docking.
- Shipchandling: HAROPA and its partners offer ships all the services of supplying with provisions and equipment, and all the human services required by the shipowners' representatives.
- Bunkering: an important aspect of a port's attractiveness, maritime bunkering is controlled by the harbour Master's office. The operations are carried out by firms performing a public service assignment for the major HAROPA seaports.
- Ship repairs: HAROPA receives all maritime and river navigation units for shipbuilding and ship repair works, in dry or wet docks, and for civil engineering works. A floating dock is also available in the Seine corridor.
- Waste management: HAROPA, as an eco-responsible port complex, has designed services for the collection, transport and treatment of ship waste associated with ecological and technological support.