HAROPA port complex is an agri-business hub in the heart the main agricultural zones. Rouen, the European leader for grain export and Le Havre, an expert in reefer products and the leading port in Europe for import-export of wine and spirits, make that HAROPA is your expert partner for storage, processing, transport and shipping services.
Choose the European leader
HAROPA is located in the heart of the largest French producing areas of wheat and barley with great variety of production land and yields among the best in the world. Rouen is the European leader for grain export:
- 50% of the French seaborne exports of wheat and barley
- 25% of the exports of European cereals
An exporting force
- Up to 9 million tonnes a year in grain exports (wheat, barley…)
- Exports outside the European Union: 91% (mainly Maghreb)
- Regular supply of port silos in quantity and various qualities to meet the demands from buyers
Storage and loading capacity unique in Europe
- Carriage of cereals by rail, river and road
- Agricultural storage capacity in Rouen: 1.3 Mt (900,000 tonnes dedicated to grain export)
- Numerous river loading sites upstream Rouen silos
- Most high-performance silos in Europe: loading throughputs per silo up to 3,000t/hour (up to 100,000 t/day for all port)
- Cluster of expertise: checks, fumigation, laboratories, governmental services, stevedores, forwarding agents, shipping agents, carriers and hauliers
- Load preparation, segregation, grain allotment in order to guarantee that buyers get the quality they want
- World benchmark for quotations on the futures market Euronext for milling wheat
Real Grain: in the forefront of competitiveness and services
Real Grain is a collaborative project between HAROPA - Port of Rouen, private operators and research centres with a view to improve the competitiveness of Rouen grain hub.
- Strengthening of the port performance
- Optimisation of the hinterland connection
- Capturing new markets
HAROPA grain silos for export
- Lecureur (Rouen + Bonnières sur Seine)
- Sénalia (Rouen)
- Sévépi (Limay)
- Simarex (Rouen)
- Socomac (Rouen)
A hub open to the world
HAROPA is the major French agro-industrial hub and one of the main European stakeholders. Its comprehensive offer dedicated to grain export enables HAROPA to load/offload all types of raw agricultural products in bulk, bag or container and bring top quality services to the shippers. HAROPA provide access to the whole world owing to a network of liner shipping services from Le Havre and Rouen.
A supply of a wide range of products
Over 2 Mt of agribulk products are handled each year by HAROPA terminals: malt, sugar, flour, cocoa, coffee, meal, rapeseed meal, distiller’s grain, wheat starch, gluten, biodiesel, ethanol, edible oils, etc. are all produced and processed by facilities on the Seine artery, to which should be added agriculture-related products such as fertilizers.
HAROPA has a set of multipurpose and dedicated terminals equipped to handle agribulk products while respecting the quality of the commodity. A few examples:
Sugar: two dedicated terminals
- Robust (Rouen): 60,000 t capacity; loading in bulk, bags, big bags or containers
- Sucreocéane (Le Havre): 45,000 t capacity; loading in containers
Malt: a malt factory dedicated to export in Rouen (Soufflet Group).
France is the world biggest exporter for malt. HAROPA is the main port area partner of the export trade of French malt (export in bulk or in containers).
Cocoa: presence of the world biggest two stakeholders in cocoa market (Cargill, Barry Callebaut).
HAROPA is the main entry point for cocoa beans in France having the capability of receiving the commodities both by bulk carriers and by containers, via Le Havre and Rouen.
HAROPA provides terminals capable to process the other agro-industrial goods such as flour, semolina, cattle feed, oilseeds, etc…
A comprehensive trade at your service
A real network of service providers set up on HAROPA terminals offer a unique know-how for handling, storing, preparing and shipping agro-industrial products, while respecting the commodity quality.
The presence of the main control companies (Control Union, Intertek, SGS) and expert laboratories guarantee that there is a quantitative and qualitative check of the commodity.
They create added value with HAROPA
The big names of the agro-industrial trade have set up their industrial units directly in or in the close vicinity of HAROPA terminals: Soufflet, Panzani, Nutrixo, Lustucru, Cargill, Barry Callebaut, Saipol, Tereos, Saint Louis Sucre, etc…
- proximity of the storage and loading/offloading facilities
- Competitive related services and logistics solutions to the whole world
Would you like to join them?
HAROPA ports offer numerous possibilities for new settlements. The diversified estate offer from Paris to Le Havre via Rouen makes it possible to provide a tailor-made offer for any kind of projects.
Délégué commercial - Branche industrie
34, Bld de Boisguilbert
76022 ROUEN Cedex 3
Tél. : 02.35.52.96.10
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org